User Account Login
Chetwynd Hockey Academy
Chetwynd Hockey Academy School District 59
Hockey Academies in partnership with Pacific Rim Hockey Academy
Hockey Academies have been created to 'bridge' the gap between academics and Hockey.
The academy aspires to provide students with:
- An opportunity to obtain the highest academic standard possible. Acquire the hockey skills necessary to play at the level the student desires.
- Understand and further develop their fitness/wellness levels for hockey and general fitness.
- Develop their psychological skills and translate this to school, hockey, home life and within their community.
- Develop new physical and interpersonal skill’s through Recreation and Leisure opportunities.
- Become strong community citizens getting involved, giving back and leading by example.
- On Ice Development – 3 hours of on ice per week Power Skating, Puck Skills and Team Tactics
- Off Ice Development – 2 hours per week-train properly and safely for hockey and general fitness.
- Building Good Community Citizens – Involvement in community activities/special events.
- Special Events & Outings - The opportunity to participate in a variety of special events and outings that encourages social interaction with their peers and strengthens each players character..
Connecting Academics & Hockey Academics is a priority. In cooperation with parents, players, Faculty and academy staff we monitor the students performance. Good grades must be maintained or risk the reduction and participation within the academy.
Code of Conduct - Students are held accountable for their actions and they must be responsible and accountable for their actions.
Measuring our Success - Tracking each students on ice and off ice performance throughout the year.
Course-Hockey Academies are guided by the use of a yearly plan carefully crafted to ensure consistent instruction and player development. This content meets the standards set by the Ministry of Education for a board approved course.
- Academy operates during Semester 1 September to January.
- In simplest terms PE is replaced by Hockey Development
- The Hockey Academy is 'inclusive' available to both boys and girls of every skill level.
- There is the possibility of grouping and tiering
- Cost of the 2013/14 program is $1225
- A deposit of $245 is required in addition to $245 monthly payments (Sept - Dec) made payable on the 1st day of each month.
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express
- This is the total cost there are no additional costs.
- The program is also available to goaltenders to a maximum of 4 goaltenders per group.
- The Class size will be 20-28 participants including the goaltenders.
- Registration is offered on a first come first served basis.
- Cancellations/Refunds – No refunds provided after September 30.
- RPM Hockey Schools and the Pacific Rim Hockey Academy have in good standing the necessary insurance that covers all aspects of our services including participants.
Each student may receive a tracksuit, hoody & practice jersey. The clothing is the responsibility of each student and students are asked to wear their academy jersey when attending academy functions. The Hockey Academies are not responsible for lost or damaged items, any of these items can be replaced at an additional cost.
Expectations of the Students
All participants will be required to conduct themselves in an appropriate manner at all times.
Hockey Academyies reserves the right to identify and recommend disciplinary action to any Students for conduct unbecoming.
Benefits to the Students:
- Obtain a strong connection with Academics and Hockey
- Participate in a highly technical hockey skills development program
- Improve their Health & Wellness specific to hockey and general fitness
- Develop life skills
- Participate in Recreational Activities